Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Maine Network of Healthy Communities. There are many benefits to joining the Network. They include:
- Information that impacts legislation, public policy, service design, contracting, and funding
- Training on a wide range of issues that will support your roles and responsibilities of coalition management, as well as public health and disease prevention programs
- A Legislative Presence that provides information to legislators about the work carried out by comprehensive community health coalitions and their needs, and advocates to make greater resources available to community coalitions.
- A Voice through participation in public policy discussions on public health issues in Maine and in state-wide activity such as the Statewide Coordinating Council, and previously the Public Health Workgroup and the Maine Turning Point Project.
- Mentoring & Networking opportunities with other coalitions and partners involved in comprehensive community health initiatives.
- Communication that promotes your work, keeps you informed on what you need to know and when you need to know it; receipt of the Maine Network of Healthy Communities Newsletter that highlights member activities and information about public health initiatives in Maine; and participation in the MNHC listserv.